Berkeley Public Schools Fund (BPEF) empowers teachers to provide an extraordinary education for every child in Berkeley’s public schools through our work with teachers, students, and families. the Schools Fund is dedicated to the notion of public schools as a fundamental component of a democratic society.
The Schools Fund is seeking a visionary non-profit leader with an ability to work collaboratively with an active Board of Directors and dedicated staff and to guide the Schools Fund as it builds on its value as a community resource.
We seek candidates with extensive skills in fundraising, communications and marketing, program planning, strategic partnership development, board facilitation, staff supervision, and financial management.
Required Skills and Experience
- A successful fund development planner and fundraiser.
- Committed to the ideals of public education; passionate about enhancing educational experiences.
- A confident spokesperson with strong verbal and written skills that inspire the Schools Fund stakeholders.
- Familiar and comfortable with Berkeley’s diverse community.
- A hands-on leader who will direct the organization; entrepreneurial with success in similarly sized organization; possesses a collegial attitude towards staff; able to complete duties efficiently and delegate when appropriate; an inspiring and engaged board partner in recruitment, motivation and management.
- Experienced in financial and/or business management with budgets of $500K.
- Minimum BA or BS degree.
- Some nights and weekends required to represent the Board at community events.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience or education in public education or school volunteer programs.
- Experience with parent participation and outreach.
- Managed an organization that has experienced a period of significant growth and transition.
- 5+ years experience in the nonprofit or public sector; 3+ years as nonprofit ED or senior level manager.
The Schools Fund is an equal opportunity employer. Target start date is April 1, 2013 or earlier.
A complete job description and application instructions are available here.
Deadline for applications: January 31, 2013.