To champion equitable public education for students, families, and our community. Through grants and volunteer programs, we center equity for the benefit of our students and the entire community.
A future where public schools support students of all identities and life experiences to thrive in school and in life.
- We level the playing field for the benefit of the entire community.
- We build community through collaboration.
- We foster innovation and invest in learning.
- We embrace diversity and foster unity.
- We center human dignity while practicing generosity.
- We respond to emerging needs while prioritizing systems change.
The Berkeley Public Schools Fund (then Berkeley Public Education Foundation) was established in 1983, when Proposition 13 tax restructuring began impacting public schools. A group of Berkeley parents and community leaders, frustrated by the diminishing resources for public school classrooms, created the Berkeley Public Schools Fund.
As the only organization serving the entire district, pre-K to high school, we can:
- Direct resources to the schools, programs and students with the highest needs.
- Be a source for teachers beyond what PTA budgets can fund.
- Address district wide needs such as teacher professional development.
- Provide programs across grade levels like Be A Scientist in the 7th grade.
- Align with the District on larger change efforts and partner with donors to achieve them.
Finance and Grants Manager
Haldun Morgan joined the Schools Fund in July of 2017. He has been working with and for young people for over 20 years now and has worked for Bay Area organizations Youth Speaks, Youth Radio, and the Museum of Children’s Arts. His passion for storytelling is reflected by the visual content he creates through graphic design, photography, theatre, and filmmaking.
Volunteer Programs Manager
Director of Programs
Program Manager / Schools Support Volunteers
Yasi Nouri Massih
Reynaldo Santa Cruz
Allan ``Chuck`` Miller
Locke Schultz Jaeger
2020 Bonar Street, Suite 130
Berkeley, CA 94702
& Mailing Address
PO Box 2066
Berkeley, CA 94702
Tax ID #94-2918219