Learn more about the powerful ways that Berkeley Schools Volunteers (BSV) is working in collaborative response to the COVID-19 crisis in Berkeley Unified.
- Task Runners are dispatched by BSV to pick-up and deliver urgently needed meals, groceries, school supplies, and technology for students and families who are not otherwise able to access them centrally. Learn more HERE.
- Ed Hub volunteers run BUSD’s centralized, drive-through distribution center where families can pick up needed supplies three times every week. Learn more HERE.
- Grocery Drivers do just that – they drive hundreds of bags of groceries every other Friday from the Berkeley Food Network to 1 of BUSD’s meals distribution sites for families in need. Learn more HERE.
- Garden team worked in collaboration with BUSD’s garden, cooking & nutrition program to assemble 800 take-home seed planting kits for students early in the crisis. Learn more about this and other projects HERE.
- Spanish speakers support BUSD’s Spanish-speaking families in better accessing the curricular resources and supplies available in our district. Learn more HERE.