Help us meet the needs of our community during this crisis.
- Close the Digital Divide: You can help the many families and teachers who don’t have what they need to reliably connect to distance learning and teaching. Our goal is to get computers and hotspots to all of the students and teachers that need them.
- Increase educational equity and opportunity: You can help push back on the inequities arising from distance learning. Our goal is to connect under-resourced students with academic support and enrichment.
- Sustain our volunteer programs: Berkeley Schools Volunteers (BSV) has recruited and organized 1,000 volunteers during the crisis. Volunteers are distributing computers and supplies at our Ed Hub, delivering food and learning materials to families, collecting and giving out books and providing tech support and translation. BSV is also training volunteers to support teachers and students in the distance learning “classroom” and to serve as “Zoom Mentors” for middle schoolers.
- Stabilize families in crisis: You can give cash assistance to our families that are experiencing severe financial hardships. Our goal is to provide $10,000/week in financial assistance.
- Provide schools supplies: From preschool to high school, students need grade level supplies and materials to participate in distance learning.