- Emotional Health & Wellness*
- Digital Equity
- Equitable Family Engagement
- Positive Racial Identity Development/Culturally Relevant Learning
- Focused Academic Support & Intervention
- Strengthening the Pipeline for Educators of Color
*This priority funding area is open to all demographic groups in ’22-23
Explicit About Equity
LEARNING for Equity proposals will be evaluated based on the following equity dimensions:
- Why? (What is the equity challenge you are trying to solve?)
- For whom? (Who is the proposed audience?)
- By whom? (What relevant qualifications does the educator team have?)
- What? (What is the intended curriculum or content?)
- How? (What is the chosen pedagogy? How will the project be implemented?)
To drive cohort-based systems change, LEARNING for Equity proposals will be evaluated on the systems & structures already or soon to be in place to support collaboration, coordination & communication of the team throughout the project.
“Cohorts” are comprised of a Project Lead (the applicant) and Collaborators (named in the application) who are fully committed to the project.
- In BUSD, many cohorts exist at a single school. (For example, grade-level teams, subject/function-area teams, LEARNS/BEARS Instructional Techs at a site, or counselors @ Berkeley High.)
- In some cases, cohorts exist across schools. For example, TK educators, Science Resource Teachers, OFEE Specialists, and Garden Educators).
- LEARNING for Equity proposals from a single educator will not be accepted.
Bring your questions and project ideas to one of our Grants Office Hours this fall! We can brainstorm together!
Got project scope questions? Email Duffy Ross: firstname.lastname@example.org
Got technical/application questions? Email Diane Dew: email@example.com
Investing in Recovery to Level the Playing Field
With a mission laser-focused on equity, the Berkeley Public Schools Fund seeks to amplify existing and seed new work that levels the playing field for BUSD students furthest from opportunity.
- The ’22-23 LEARNING for Equity grant application opens on Mon, Aug 8
- Grant Office Hours run throughout the open application period
- The application deadline is Thurs, Sept 22
- Applicants notified of funding status by Fri, Oct 21
- LEARNING for Equity Office Hours
- LEARNING for Equity Grants Awarded Fall ’21
- LEARNING for Equity Grant Guidelines
- LEARNING & LEADING Budget Considerations
- LEARNING for Equity Application Questions
- LEARNING for Equity EXAMPLE Budget & Blank Budget Template
- LEARNING For Equity EXAMPLE Grant Application
- LEARNING & LEADING Side-by-side Comparison
- Schools Fund Reflections on Year 1 of New Equity Grants
- Other Grantmaking Organizations for Educators