Welcome to BSV’s digital toolbox.
From logistical info and important forms to inspiring articles that will push your learning, we’ve got what Berkeley Schools Volunteers need!
- BSV Minor Volunteer Permission Form
- Live Scan Fingerprinting & DOJ/FBI Background Check, Instructions & Form
Host Teacher Resources
- First Meeting Checklist
- BSV Volunteer Contract, 2019-20
- Ideal Classroom Tasks for Volunteers, by Grade-level
- Building rapport with students: a Questions List from the National Equity Project.
Ongoing Learning: Equity in Education
- Beyond the Buses (The Past and Present of Berkeley’s Desegregation Efforts), a three-part series in Berkeleyside https://www.berkeleyside.com/2018/10/16/a-radical-decision-an-unfinished-legacy
Ongoing Learning: Racial Equity & Whiteness
- White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack by Peggy McIntosh, 1988. https://www.racialequitytools.org/resourcefiles/mcintosh.pdf
- White Fragility by Robin DiAngelo, 2018 https://libjournal.uncg.edu/ijcp/article/viewFile/249/116
- Seeing White podcast series by the Center for Documentary Studies at Duke University. Scene on Radio’s Seeing White Series