BSV welcomes classroom volunteers come from all walks of life. BSV volunteers are:
- Learners as well as teachers
- Professionals, retirees, students, and parents
- Generalists and specialists – of all ages!
- Hail from many different countries and speak many different languages
- Live both within and beyond Berkeley’s city limits
- Enthusiastic kid-people who are committed to all learners
BSV requires every classroom volunteer to:
- Commit to volunteering at least 1 hour each week for the entire school year
- Be at least 16 years of age*
- Be free of a serious criminal record
*Volunteers who are ages 16 and 17 (minors) require the signature of a parent or guardian on BSV’s Minor Permission Form.
For more details on specific screening requirements, see BSV Volunteer Screening Policies.