Classroom Volunteering” from Remote
Both BUSD and BSV expect to have a clearer picture of what remote volunteer support will look like by August 2020. For the moment, we have more questions than answers. Thanks for your patience during this unprecedented time of reinvention.
Even if from remote, BSV’s “Classroom” Volunteers:
- Will get oriented to BSV, including a hands-on introduction to BUSD’s digital landscape
- Will then be paired with specific teachers looking for additional “classroom” support
- Are likely to support some of the following:
- Small groups in Zoom breakout rooms with tutoring or homework help
- Zoom class sessions (taking attendance, delivering digital “feedback” to students, and/or helping teachers troubleshoot the unexpected)
- Providing feedback on student work in Google Classroom
BSV volunteers must be able to commit for at least 1 hour of volunteering each week for the 2020-21 school year.
Learn more about BSV in Berkeley Schools by viewing our Online Info Session HERE
Interested in joining BSV for 2020-21? Complete BSV’s Interest Form HERE