SSV Food Support Volunteers – On-going Commitments
There are two on-going commitment opportunities to assist BUSD families in need of additional food support: Grocery Delivery to School Site Volunteers and Grocery Home Delivery Volunteers
What do School Site Grocery Delivery Volunteers do?
- School Site Grocery Delivery Volunteers deliver healthy groceries from the Berkeley Food Network to BUSD campuses, where they are distributed to families
- Deliver 30-75 bags of groceries from the Berkeley Food Network, 1925 Ninth St., to a BUSD school site
- Deliveries are typically 2x/month at a specified day/time
What do Grocery Home Delivery Volunteers do?
- Grocery Home Delivery Volunteers deliver Berkeley Food Network groceries to families in need
- Volunteers deliver to 2 to 4 families on a weekly or bi-weekly basis
- Groceries are picked up from the Berkeley Food Network, 1925 Ninth St. on Monday or Wednesday afternoons
- Most deliveries are within the city of Berkeley
- All grocery delivery volunteers are required to have a clean driving record and updated insurance
- School Site Grocery Delivery: Ability to load/unload and transport 30-75 plastic grocery bags
- Grocery Home Delivery: ability to load/unload and transport up to 8 bags/boxes of groceries
Interested in Becoming a Grocery Driver or Grocery Delivery Volunteer?
To sign-up as a Grocery Driver, FIRST join BSV School Support Volunteers HERE. (When you sign up, check the Grocery Driver or Grocery Delivery Volunteer box). Email alerts will be sent to you about open grocery delivery runs.
For more information, contact SSV Program Manager Sally McLaughlin, firstname.lastname@example.org
Partner Volunteer Opportunity: The Berkeley Food Network needs volunteers in various capacities at their Berkeley facility. If interested, sign up directly with the Berkeley Food Network HERE.