END OF YEAR VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
BHS- Volunteer Positions Needed June 1 – June 6
We are asking for your support for the following important volunteer needs:
- Checking in Students at the BHS Gate This Week: Volunteers are needed at gate entrances to assist students with directions to their classrooms and remind them to submit Health Screener if they have not done so already: https://www.signupgenius.com/
- Distributing Wrist Bands to Students – May 25-28: Volunteers are needed to help the drive-up distribution of Graduation Ceremony’s wristbands at the Athletic Gate along Milvia & Durant on May 25th, 26th, 27th and 28th. The volunteers will be supporting Mr. John Villavicencio starting tomorrow: https://www.signupgenius.com/
- 2021 BHS Graduation Ceremony Weekend – June 4-6: Volunteers will help during the check-in process for students and families at the Jacket Stadium on Friday 4th, Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th: https://www.signupgenius.com/
Your help at all these opportunities is greatly appreciated!
Also, please remember to submit the Health Screener 24 hours within the day of your shift:
Seeking English & Spanish Speaking Volunteers at the Ed Hub –
June 7 – June 11
The Ed Hub is where families, especially those still in distance learning, go to get critical school and tech supplies. BSV aims to have at least 1 Spanish speaker on every Tuesday and Thursday afternoon shift. The work is mostly outdoors and distanced, with warm team camaraderie!
***Sign up for a shift at the Ed Hub HERE
Support Safe In-person Schools @ King & BHS – June 1 – June 5
BSV is showing up at King and Berkeley High to help school site staff manage student entrance onto campus, checking students’ health screeners. The time commitment is short, it’s outdoors & socially distanced.
***Volunteer to Check-in King Middle Schoolers HERE
***Volunteer to Check-in Berkeley High Students HERE
Seeking In-person Woodworker(s) @ Berkeley High ASAP
Berkeley High’s Carpentry & Fabrication Lab is looking for a volunteer to support students in the lab, Mon-Fri afternoons.
- Duties: maintain shop equipment, troubleshoot as needed, help students realize projects, help keep shop clean.
- Skills: traditional woodworking, digital fabrication and/or working with diverse youth. Maybe a retired tradesperson?