The Schools Fund and our community believe that directly supporting teachers is one of the best ways to help students succeed.
How To Apply
The application period for 2015-2016 Classroom Grants is now open! Click here to apply. Applications are due no later than September 28 at 5pm.
Please note: we are using a new system this year, so please let us know if you experience any issues with the application. If you need to step away from your application at any time, be sure to click “Save my progress and resume later” at the top. This will generate a new username and password for your account.
*Applying for a City of Berkeley Energy Saving Education Grant? Please review the grant RFP and include answers in your application.*
We are offering Berkeley Rep’s Story Builders program to ALL 3rd grade classes this year—no Classroom Grant application needed! We will send out an email to all 3rd grade teachers about how to bring this amazing program into your classroom. We will not be offering Story Builders or providing grants for Story Builders for other grade levels, just 3rd grade.
In evaluating grants, we look for a clear and detailed description of the project, its budget, and of how funds will be used. For a list of tips for successful application, check out our Needed Materials and Tips. Overall, we look for projects that:
- Encourage collaboration and strengthening of practice among teachers
- Enhance teaching of core academic subjects as well as the arts
- Expand equity and opportunity by helping students discover and reach their potential
- Support differentiated teaching and multi-modal learning styles
- Increase parent and community involvement in our schools
Who Can Apply
Priority is given to projects that effectively impact the most students per dollar granted.
- Any BUSD teacher or team of teachers
- Any school or District personnel
- Specialists or resource staff
What Can Be Applied For?
Grant projects must directly benefit students and schools during the school year being applied for. Items such as:
- Curriculum materials
- Certain equipment
- Guest speakers or artists
- Professional development
- Field trips
- Anything that you can show will enhance your teaching and your students’ learning!
If you’re looking for Friends & Family Grants, please follow this link.
Teachers: you can now complete your check request online! Click here to complete, and please return by January 31, 2015.
Teachers can click here to complete and submit follow-up reports for 2014-15 grants. All reports are due by the last day of school, unless you contact the Schools Fund and let us know of other arrangements.
Please complete and have parents sign the Photo Release if you are sending photos of students.
Here is the full list of 2014-2015 Classroom Grants