The Schools Fund and our community believe that directly supporting teachers is one of the best ways to help students succeed.
In evaluating grants, we look for a clear and detailed description of the project, its budget, and of how funds will be used. For a list of tips for successful application, check out our Needed Materials and Tips. Overall, we look for projects that:
- Encourage collaboration and strengthening of practice among teachers
- Enhance teaching of core academic subjects as well as the arts
- Expand equity and opportunity by helping students discover and reach their potential
- Support differentiated teaching and multi-modal learning styles
- Increase parent and community involvement in our schools
Who Can Apply
Priority is given to projects that effectively impact the most students per dollar granted.
- Any BUSD teacher or team of teachers
- Any school or District personnel
- Specialists or resource staff
What Can Be Applied For?
Grant projects must directly benefit students and schools during the school year being applied for. Items such as:
- Curriculum materials
- Certain equipment
- Guest speakers or artists
- Professional development
- Field trips
- Anything that you can show will enhance your teaching and your students’ learning!
How To Apply
The application process takes place during the month of September. Grant applications must be created and submitted online. You can save and modify your application until you wish to submit it. Once submitted, you will receive a confirmation email.
If you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible; this might mean your application was not submitted.