The Schools Fund and our community believe that directly supporting teachers is one of the best ways to help students succeed. If you’re looking for Friends & Family Grants, please follow this link.
Teachers: you can now complete your check request online! Click here to complete, and please return by January 31, 2015.
For grants that included purchases of technology, your Technology Survey is due by the end of March.
Teachers can click here to complete and submit follow-up reports for 2014-15 grants. All reports are due by the last day of school, unless you contact the Schools Fund and let us know of other arrangements.
Please complete and have parents sign the Photo Release if you are sending photos of students.
Here is the full list of 2014-2015 Classroom Grants
How To Apply
The application period for 2014-15 Classroom Grant applications is now closed.
In evaluating grants, we look for a clear and detailed description of the project, its budget, and of how funds will be used. For a list of tips for successful application, check out our Needed Materials and Tips. Overall, we look for projects that:
- Encourage collaboration and strengthening of practice among teachers
- Enhance teaching of core academic subjects as well as the arts
- Expand equity and opportunity by helping students discover and reach their potential
- Support differentiated teaching and multi-modal learning styles
- Increase parent and community involvement in our schools
Who Can Apply
Priority is given to projects that effectively impact the most students per dollar granted.
- Any BUSD teacher or team of teachers
- Any school or District personnel
- Specialists or resource staff
What Can Be Applied For?
Grant projects must directly benefit students and schools during the school year being applied for. Items such as:
- Curriculum materials
- Certain equipment
- Guest speakers or artists
- Professional development
- Field trips
- Anything that you can show will enhance your teaching and your students’ learning!