The Schools Fund and our community believe that directly supporting teachers is one of the best ways to help students succeed.
We are pleased to announced the 2015-16 Classroom Grant Awards!
Complete Your Check Request, Follow-Up Report, & Photo Release Here!
Teachers that have awarded grants – please complete the following steps:
- Step 1: Complete your “Classroom Grant Agreement & Check Request” form here. This gives us your overall spending plan and allows you to request a check for making purchases. Please return by January 31, 2016. The email that you received with your grant details has the Grant Number and Amount Awarded – these will be needed on the form.
- Step 2: IF YOUR ARE PAYING 3RD PARTIES, complete a “Request Classroom Grant Payment to 3rd Party” form for each payment needed. We also need tax ID information for individuals that are providing services – have them complete an IRS W-9 form and send it to us via email or mail. Allow 2 weeks for payment.
- Step 3: IF YOU NEED ADDITIONAL PAYMENTS after completing your initial Grant Agreement form, complete the “Request Additional Classroom Grant Payment” form.
- Step 4: WHEN YOUR PROJECT IS COMPLETE, submit a “Classroom Grant Follow-Up Report”. Your report is due no later than the last day of school. We are happy to grant an extension if needed, but you must request it before the end of school – contact the Schools Fund to request one. We recommend that you submit your report before the last few weeks of school, when there will be so many other demands on your time.
- IF YOU ARE SENDING PHOTOS of students, please complete and have parents sign the Photo Release form.
How To Apply
The application period for 2015-2016 Classroom Grants is now closed! Click here to access the application.
Please note: we changed to a new system this year, so please let us know if you experience any issues with the application. If you need to step away from your application at any time, be sure to click “Save my progress and resume later” at the top. This will generate a new username and password for your account.
*Applying for a City of Berkeley Energy Saving Education Grant? Please review the grant RFP and include answers in your application.*
We are offering Berkeley Rep’s Story Builders program to ALL 3rd grade classes this year—no Classroom Grant application needed! We will send out an email to all 3rd grade teachers about how to bring this amazing program into your classroom. We will not be offering Story Builders or providing grants for Story Builders for other grade levels, just 3rd grade.
In evaluating grants, we look for a clear and detailed description of the project, its budget, and of how funds will be used. For a list of tips for successful application, check out our Needed Materials and Tips. Overall, we look for projects that:
- Encourage collaboration and strengthening of practice among teachers
- Enhance teaching of core academic subjects as well as the arts
- Expand equity and opportunity by helping students discover and reach their potential
- Support differentiated teaching and multi-modal learning styles
- Increase parent and community involvement in our schools
Who Can Apply
Priority is given to projects that effectively impact the most students per dollar granted.
- Any BUSD teacher or team of teachers
- Any school or District personnel
- Specialists or resource staff
What Can Be Applied For?
Grant projects must directly benefit students and schools during the school year being applied for. Items such as:
- Curriculum materials
- Certain equipment
- Guest speakers or artists
- Professional development
- Field trips
- Anything that you can show will enhance your teaching and your students’ learning!
If you’re looking for Friends & Family Grants, please follow this link.
Here is the full list of 2014-2015 Classroom Grants