In evaluating grants, we look for a clear and detailed description of the project, its budget, and of how funds will be used. For a list of tips for successful application, check out our Needed Materials and Tips. Overall, we look for projects that:
- Encourage collaboration and strengthening of practice among teachers
- Enhance teaching of core academic subjects as well as the arts
- Expand equity and opportunity by helping students discover and reach their potential
- Support differentiated teaching and multi-modal learning styles
- Increase parent and community involvement in our schools
Who Can Apply
Priority is given to projects that effectively impact the most students per dollar granted.
- Any BUSD teacher or team of teachers
- Any school or District personnel
- Specialists or resource staff
What Can Be Applied For?
Grant projects must directly benefit students and schools during the school year being applied for. Items such as:
- Curriculum materials
- Certain equipment
- Guest speakers or artists
- Professional development
- Field trips
- Anything that you can show will enhance your teaching and your students’ learning!
A few notes: Licenses for subscriptions or software will only be granted for one year. For instructional technology (iPads, computers, etc…) please make sure you explain how the equipment applies to or enhances your curriculum and let us know if you’ve completed any related professional development or if you have plans to do any professional development.